Every Saturday, 8:30-9:45, in the Lillian Martin Room. Led by Sandy Veitch
All women of the church and community are invited to join varied topics from the Bible. Come and join the discussion. Stairs a problem? We will be using the elevator. Busy Saturday? We get out early enough to meet friends and family for brunch.
3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 26 to Nov. 14.
For children in kindergarten through fifth grade.
Van transportation from New Wilmington Elementary School is available with signed permission slip.
CLASSES FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH:
- PRESCHOOL AND KINDERGARTEN Room 213 The"Story of Little Ones" brings the message of God's love story through clear, attractive illustrations and simple text. Throughout the year, a team of teachers will build an overview of God's story through 31 pivotal Bible stories. At the end of each story, a simple message will help children personalize and remember each lesson.
- GRADES 1-3 Room 216 "Deep Blue: Learn and Serve" will help our kids learn about God and what it means to be a follower of Jesus through Bible stories and opportunities to serve as disciples in the classroom, local community and the world. Teacher Bev Shelenberger will help students engage in science experiments, arts and crafts, animated video storytelling and active games.
- GRADES 4-6 Room 118 "The Biggest Story" is a DVD and Bible storybook curriculum that helps students learn how all those classic Bible stories connect to Scripture's overarching message about God's glorious plan to redeem his rebellious people. The 10-segment series, led by David and Stephany Bruckner, will help kids realize that God's promises are even bigger and better than we think.
- GRADES 7-8 Room 309 "Jesus: He Lived Among Us," is a retelling of the life of Christ, based on a vividly animated film. With John the Apostle as the storyteller, this presentation of Christ's time on earth offers students a biblically-based dramatized narrative with accompanying discovery questions, allowing them to discover Christ's relevance to their lives. This class will be led by Susan Karson, Diane Camlin and others.
- HIGH SCHOOL Youth Lounge Led by Denise Scuito and others, this group will gather to discuss current topics and questions about life and faith. As there is no set curriculum, the members of the group will help determine the direction of future gatherings.
COLLEGE MINISTRY IS A LOT OF THINGS...
...it is inspiring, funky, hilarious, and weird. It is high-energy, world-changing, tear-jerking, life-altering. UKIRK is for skeptics, Christians, athesists, doubters, and wanderers. It gives students a space for worship, questions, prayers, fears, anxieties, hopes, and dreams. It reminds us -- whether or not we're in college -- that we are not alone, that we are loved, and that we matter.
Not only will we name God's radical love for college students, we will encourage a way of life proclaiming that the Lord is at work in the world, for the world, for all of us. New Wilmington Presbyterian Church welcomes YOU, as a college student, to participate in UKIRK college ministry.
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
- Grab your bible and enjoy a cup of joe with us every Sunday at 9:30am for Coffee Break in the Church's basement lounge.
- Enjoy special Friday evening coffee houses with live music at the church.
- Our house is yours - stop by the church throughout the weekdays and during most evenings to study, hang, and relax. (Coffee and snacks are included in this deal!)
- Take part in local or national service projects.
- Become "adopted" by a church family.
- Use your musical talents during our worship services.
CONNECT WITH US
Visit the National UKirk Network.
The SHYG Mission Trip Team had a great week!
Follow their journey this week through HASHTAG! Think of a hashtag as an elaborate "filing system". Simply use the search mechanism on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to search for #NWPCMission2015.
Pictures will also be located in the Photo Gallery.
The SALT Class meets weekly in the corner of the Social Hall to discuss various topics and books. Currently, the study is based on the bookOur Only World, Ten Essays by Wendell Berry – a farmer, poet, and essayist - who for over 50 years has been America’s “eloquent advocate for the planet, for our families, and for the future of our children and ourselves.” Written over the course of the last 5 years, these essays confront “head-on the necessity of clear thinking and direct action” in the face of “the planet’s environmental problems.” All are welcome to join the conversation in the southeast corner of the social hall.
All are welcome to join in this discussion group. The Sunday class begins at 9:10am.
In addition to all the modular Sunday School offerings, we've got a number of other opportunities to engage you and your families in spiritual formation. Set aside the time for these events, because you won't want to miss the
St. Nicholas Day
In the spirit of St. Nicholas of Myra, we’ll gather on December 6, 2013
to mix, roll, cut, bake, wrap, and deliver St. Nicholas cookies in our
community. Mark your calendar for this intergenerational event that
celebrates the life and legacy of one of the most known historic figures.
Block out January 24-26 on your 2014 calendar for our All-Church
Retreat at the Castle in Franklin, PA. Not only is this a tradition for our
congregation, it’s an incredible time for fellowship, food and creative
In 2014, we’ll begin a new Confirmation Class. In an effort to
understand how this congregation understands confirmation and what
we hope it leads toward, we’ll be hosting “confirmation focus groups”
for parents, youth and anyone invested in this practice of catechesis. If
you’re interested in participating in these conversations, please email
Sometime this autumn, we are inviting Westminster students to join the
larger community in an exercise of being. Compline is simply 30
minutes of existential dwelling in a simple, yet holy space utilizing the
Taizé chants and silence. Coming soon to a Sunday night near you.
Welcome to Sunday School Mod! Don't worry,it's still Sunday School, just with a few moderations! For starters, this year our Sunday School gatherings will be offered through five different modules (A through E). Each module will have several classses available for various ages and interests and will last for a set number of weeks (3-5). In between each module, there are breaks and a few communal meals peppered in the mix.
Stay tuned for more information coming soon about the 2015-2016 year!
Staying up-to-date about the life and work of your congregation is important. We want you and your household to know what is happening in our ministry, when and where. Use these digital and paper resources to connect with us and stay informed about events, oppurtunities, and ministries happening now.